Senior Forensic Structural Engineer
We are an established regional forensic engineering firm looking to add a Senior Forensic Structural Engineer in Houston, TX. On our team, you will be asked to diagnose building damage and/or defects and then develop engineering reports. We routinely design and implement repair solutions as well. Damage evaluations include construction defects, earthquakes, wind, hail, vehicle impacts, fire, snow and ice, floods and differential soil movement. Most of our team members enjoy the flexibility of working from home offices.
Responsibilities: (Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following):
- Perform forensic building assignments based upon a scope of work and budget.
- Field Investigations: Study and determine the cause and origin of damage to buildings.
- Produces written forensic reports detailing the cause(s) of the damage.
- May serve as team leader or project manager. May be required to supervise and/or review work product of associate team members.
- Ability to initiate, develop and maintain mutually beneficial client relationships.
- Limited travel can be expected.
Minimum Applicant Qualifications:
- Texas Professional Engineering License (or NCEES record) required
- BS Structural or Architectural Engineering – Master’s Degree Preferred
- Experience (typically 7 plus years) as a design/structural engineer (residential and/or commercial buildings).
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, AutoCAD, Bentley Ram, StruCalc/Enercalc.
- Forensic experience highly desirable
- Working knowledge of the building envelope, roofing systems, components and cladding
- Working knowledge of current and historic building codes
- Construction Management experience a plus
- CFEI, Contractor’s license or other certifications are a plus
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package along with a flexible work schedule/location and a great team environment.